Generator version 6.1 has different compiler setup. It uses metaeditor.exe compiler instead of mql.exe.
Prior compiler called mql.exe has been removed by most brokers and it is no longer available online as separate download.
We had to update Generator to use compiler inside metaeditor.exe.
Options screen shows new compiler setup example below.
- Look for metaeditor compiler in your MT4 terminal installation folder. Set it in Options screen.
- Look for output path for generated EAs, scripts and indicators. On Windows 7,8 and 10 it is inside C:\Users\ folder under your username. Full path is rather long and some directories might be hidden.
- Find MQL4 output folder. Set it in Options screen.
On Windows 7, 8 or 10 it is under
Here xxxxxx is your user name and ##### is long hexadecimal number.
- Users Manual fxgen.pdf has more details on location of this folder.
Typical compiler and output setup:
Edit following parts based on your folders:
This should be enough but if you still can not get it to work check items below:
- You have only English letters in your Windows username. No accent or non-English letters.
- If you have accent letters create another user in Windows. Login with it. Install software under new user.
We do not perform consulting, do not test or verify your EAs.
Support is strictly about Forex Generator blocks and diagram placement. No formula or math support.
Support is for customers only.